Tuesday 29 October 2019 (Week 12), 2-3.30pm
The Department of Ancient History in conjunction with the Macquarie University Ancient History Association (MAHA) offers a research seminar series, intended to bring together those within Macquarie and outside who have an interest in the languages, histories, and cultures of the ancient world. View the schedule for the research seminar.
The last week of the Macquarie University Ancient History Research Seminar is generously sponsored by and features a research update by three key members of CACHE - Centre for Ancient Cultural Heritage and Environment. CACHE brings leading and emerging researchers from MQ’s Department of Ancient History – including the disciplines of archaeology, art history, cultural heritage preservation, papyrology, philology and cultural history – into dialogue with leading scientists from biology, environmental sciences, geography and planning, and the social sciences.
- Dr Fred Hardke — The Belgian - Australian Mission to El Hosh: an Overview of the Rock Art Corpus Assembled to Date
- Dr Karin Sowada — The origins of ancient silver and the bracelets of Queen Hetepheres: a progress report
- Associate Professor Eva Anagnostou — Drinking and Discourse in Plato
- When: Tuesday 29 October (Week 12), 2-3.30pm
- Where: Recreation Room (S2.6), Level 3, Australian Hearing Hub, Macquarie University
Join the conversation on Twitter: #MQHistoryTuesday